Akadama -Ibaraki hard Akadama, medium 3-6mm
Using the right growth medium for your bonsai trees is crucial. It is very important as it supplies your tree with nutrients, but it also needs to drain properly, provide enough aeration and retain water.
JAPANESE HARD IBARAKI AKADAMA
Akadama is a granular volcanic clay-like soil which is found mainly in Japan. Once extracted it is dried & sifted to various grain sizes.
- Great water retention properties & promotes excellent drainage
- Neutral PH has alkalizing properties & inhibits soil acidification
- Maintains almost perfect moisture retention for plants & bonsai trees
- Enhances & extends fertilizer efficacy
- Retains nutrients for roots
- Excellent for root aeration
- Promotes (CEC) Cation Exchange Capacity
- Remains structurally stable after long periods
- Inhibits soil compaction
- Akadama colour darkens when moist & lightens when dry, which helps set water schedules
- Best used with pumice, in equal parts.